- QWhat are the different ways that I can pay for my housing?
For the 2015-16 academic year:
1. You can pay by the semester-payment must be made through The Towers Housing Office on or before August 1, 2015 for the Fall 2015 semester or on or before January 1, 2016 for the Spring 2016 semester. You will have the option to pay online through the Resident Portal (www.ccnytowers.com) using credit/debit card, or bank draft. You will also have the option to make a payment directly in our office using a check or money order. The check or money order, must be made payable to The Towers at CCNY. Please note that our office does not accept cash as a form of payment.
2. You can pay by in installments-payment must be made through The Towers Housing Office. You should NOT pay your Towers charge through TuitionPay. The installment plan would be the semester cost divided into five (5) payments. Please see below for when payments are due if you would choose this option.
Fall 2015 Semester
1st installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before July 1, 2015.
2nd installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before August 1, 2015.
3rd installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before September 1, 2015.
4th installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before October 1, 2015.
5th installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before November 1, 2015.
Spring 2016 Semester
1st installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before December 1, 2015.
2nd installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before January 1, 2016.
3rd installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before February 1, 2016.
4th installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before March 1, 2016.
5th installment (1/5 of the semester payment) is due on or before April 1, 2016.
3. You can pay using loans/financial aid/scholarship (if you qualify)-you will be required to submit an Anticipated Financial Aid Verification Form. The Anticipated Financial Aid Verification must be filled out by your school’s Financial Aid Department. Once completed, you will return this form to our office. If the form reflects you have enough aid to cover your Towers charge we will wait on the disbursement of funds. However, if the aid is not enough to cover, you will be required to make out-of-pocket payments. If you are choosing this option, you will be required to submit the forms on or before August 1, 2015 for the Fall 2015 semester and on or before January 1, 2016 for the Spring 2016 semester. Failure to submit the required documents means that only options one (1) and two (2) are available to you.
- QHow much does it cost to live in the Towers?
Your housing cost depends on your room type and the length of your housing contract.
Please click HERE for detail information on housing cost for the 2015-16 academic year.
- QWhat is the difference between “submitting an application” and “signing a License Agreement?”
When you submit an application, you are letting us know that you are interested in living at The Towers. There is no official or binding agreement between you and The Towers with just your application. Fees associated with your application are non-refundable and non-transferable.
When you sign a Housing License Agreement, you are signing a legally-binding contract to reside in The Towers for the full term of the Agreement (i.e., Academic Term – August 25 – May 25 vs. Annual Term – August 25 – July 25).
If, during your occupancy, you cannot meet the requirements of the Housing License Agreement you signed, you should submit a Petition for License Agreement Cancellation form to The Towers immediately. Review the sample License Agreement very carefully with anyone you need to consult about your decision, such as your parent or guardian.
- QHow are students chosen to reside at The Towers?
Any student who is attending a CUNY institution, or any NYC based institution, as a full-time student (12+ credits for undergraduates, or 9+ credits for graduate students) is eligible to live in The Towers. Current residents who choose to renew their contract are given first priority to retain their exact same room or relocate to a different room. After room assignments are completed for renewing residents, eligible applicants who are applying as new residents will be assigned on a “first-come, first-serve” basis.
- QWill the cost be covered by financial aid?
If a student is attending CCNY (or any other college or university), any financial aid (i.e., grants, loans, scholarships, etc.) that is remaining after CCNY tuition and fees are paid can be applied to The Towers housing cost. Any portion of The Towers housing cost that is not paid by financial aid will be an out-of-pocket cost for the student.
For more information regarding financial aid, please review the following websites:
- QIs there a required meal plan?
City College offers a “Commuter and Resident Voluntary Meal Plan.” Students may contact CCNY Dining Services at 212.650.6771 regarding on-campus dining options.
- QWill the cost of living on campus be included in my tuition statement?
No. Starting in Fall 2014, the cost of living in The Towers will no longer be included on the CCNY tuition bill. All students will be responsible for paying their fees for The Towers to The Towers Office or through their Resident Portal on The Towers website.
- QWhat safety measures will be in place at The Towers?
The Towers is a 21st Century Residence Hall with all of the necessary components to provide a safe and comfortable living experience. A courtesy officer is on-duty at the Welcome Desk, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, to monitor the entrance and sign-in/sign-out all guests. A card access system is employed at the front door and at the turnstiles located at the entry of the residence hall, and no one may enter the hall without a resident access card. Closed-circuit security cameras are also located throughout the building and at all entry points. All guests are required to sign-in at the Front Desk and must be accompanied/escorted by their host resident while in the building.
- QWhat are the sizes of the rooms?
Bedroom space dimensions are listed below. Please note that these are only average dimensions and that room sizes will vary from suite to suite.
1BR (Average size of bedroom)
20′ x 12′
2BR (Average size of bedroom)
23′ x 10′
3BR (Average size of bedroom)
14′ x 8 ½’
4BR (Average size of bedroom)
12 ½’ x 9′
- QWhat if I need to cancel my application or my License Agreement?
Cancellation of an application will result in the loss of your application fee.
The Towers Housing License Agreement is a legally-binding agreement that applies to the full term of the Agreement. Permitted cancellation of the License Agreement will only be allowed on a limited basis and will be subject to a cancellation fee. Click HERE to download a copy of the cancellation request form.